Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Our Crazy Life


My goal is to update this blog at least 2-3 times a month, but that has just not been happening due to this crazy thing called life! Wow, my days are pretty nutty and hectic now that we have 3 little ones, but I'm still loving all the chaos. I truly do. Although I will say that on most days I collapse onto the couch at 8:00 pm when all the kids are finally asleep, and I wonder where the heck the day even went! I thought I'd post our typical daily schedule so I can look back and remember one day when things settle down.

6 am- My alarms goes off...get up, get dressed and ready for the day, pack Chris and Eve's lunches, chug a cup (sometimes two) of coffee

6:30 am- Get Emily up, change her diaper and give her bottle, spend a few minutes playing

7 am- Get Eve and Cole up, change clothes and fix hair, feed breakfast

7:40 am- Out the door to drop Eve and Cole off at school, Emily falls asleep while in the car for her first nap of the day...this is when I run any errands I have to do for the day (groceries, etc)

9:00 am- Get home from errands, spend a few minutes if Em is still sleeping to start load of laundry and load dishwasher

9:30 am- Change Emily and give her bottle, try to do some tummy time while watching the news

10:30 am- Pick up Cole from school, Emily falls asleep for second nap of the day, come home and give Cole snack, try to spend some one-on-one time with Cole while Em sleeps

11:30 am- Em wakes up from nap, change diaper and usually clothes (girlfriend spits up alot and goes through at least a couple clothing changes a day)

Noon- Give Emily her third bottle of the day and feed Cole lunch, do some more cleaning around the house while Cole entertains Em

1 pm- Put Emily down for her 3rd nap of the day (she averages four 45 minute-1 hour long naps a day currently)

2:20 pm- Head out to pick Eve up from school

2:50 pm- Get home and feed Em her fourth bottle and change her diaper, make Eve and Cole a snack, do more laundry (either starting another load or folding clothes...the laundry never stops!)

4 pm- Em takes her last nap of the day, spend time with the older kids

5 pm- Feed Eve and Cole dinner, Emily wakes up

5:45 pm- Change Em's clothes and diaper, give her last bottle of the day

6:30 pm- Chris gets home from work (typically, though this changes depending on how busy he is), put Emily down to sleep for the night (she has slept 12 hours straight through the night since 12 weeks old...yes I am extremely lucky!!), give Eve and Cole their baths and change into pajamas, relax for a bit before bed

7:00 pm- Brush Eve and Cole's teeth, read bedtime story, say prayers, and they are in bed by 7:30 pm usually...though they will call us in their rooms about 10 times before finally falling asleep for the night around 8 pm

8:00 pm- Collapse on the couch, catch up with Chris and watch TV

10-11 pm- I'm in bed and fast asleep!

Phew!! That looks a lot crazier than it feels most days. We are in such a groove that our days run pretty smoothly most of the time. I am so thankful for my amazing kids and husband and love my life.

No comments: