Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cole's Checkup and Christmas

Mister Cole-man had his one year check up today (one month late as he is already 13 months!) and is doing fantastic! He did not cry through the appointment as I had expected and didn't even cry when they pricked his finger to get a drop of blood to check his iron levels. I was so proud of my brave little guy! The only time he did cry was after he got his shots (3 of them!) but even that only lasted less than a minute. He is doing so good. Here are his current stats:

Length- 32 inches (95th percentile)
Weight- 26 lbs 4 oz (90th percentile)
Head- 19 1/4 inches (95th percentile)

So all is well there, and baby boy is free from the doctor for 3 more months until his next checkup.

Now onto Christmas! I am so excited for it this year! I'll admit that I am usually not an over-the-top person when it comes to the holidays. Most years, I can't wait for January to get here. I just feel that everything is so commercialized and people put way too much emphasis on gifts, instead of celebrating the real reason of the season, which is of course Jesus! But this year is just so exciting now that Eve is old enough to understand everything. We have built a gingerbread house, made cookies, drove through a Christmas lights show, decorated our Christmas tree, wrapped presents, etc...you know, Christmas-y stuff! I can't wait to see the looks on Eve and Cole's faces this Friday when they open their presents. I still want them to grow up knowing the true meaning of Christmas and celebrating Christ's birth, but I want them to have the fun of Santa and presents too.

So I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and New Year and I'll try to be back with an update sometime after the hustle and bustle of the holidays!

No comments: