

Okay, so yesterday was one of the most stressful nights I've had in as long as I can remember. Chris was working, so it was just Eve and I at home. In case anyone forgot (lol), I am now 38 weeks pregnant and have barely enough energy to get through each day with my little rambunctious girl. Anyways, last night I was sitting in the living room and she was playing with my cell phone on the floor in front of me. As usual, that didn't last long and she decided she needed to be running with my cell phone. Well my poor baby girl tripped and her face landed smack into her new Dora the Explorer play desk (which is now in hiding for at least the next year!). She immediately began screaming, and I was terrifed to pick her up and see what part of her face she had hit because she smacked it so hard. Sure enough when I picked her up, there was blood gushing out of her lip. For anyone who doesn't know, I have an extremely weak stomach when it comes to blood and gore, so I immediately became woozy and rushed her into the kitchen to try and stop the bleeding and get a better look. Big mistake! The middle of her lower lip was completely split in two and still bleeding like crazy. I called Chris to come home right away so we could get her to the emergency room. Of course by the time he got here, our apartment looked like a horror movie with blood all over Eve, myself, and the kitchen. So we got to the emergency room where they ended up having to call in a plastic surgeon to sedate Eve and put a few stitches in her lip. I have to say that our little girl is one tough cookie though! Aside from the 5 minutes right after it happened and from the 3 failed attempts to get an IV in her, she did not cry at all. In fact, she was too busy charming away all the nurses and doctors with her non-stop chattering...LOL. This morning, she woke up with a big swollen lip, but is otherwise acting like her normal and happy self. I am just so thankful she was not hurt any worse than she was, and will be watching her every move for the next week until her stitches fall out.
On a side note, 10 more days until my C-section!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment