Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Time and Baby Stuff

The past few weeks have been an utter whirlwind as both kids have started school. Eve started kindergarten this past Monday, August 13th. I had long been dreading that day for me, but looking forward to it for her. She is on a full day schedule from 8:00am-2:45pm. I can't even begin to explain how much I miss my little sidekick during the days. Eve never attended preschool so she has pretty much always been by my side everywhere I go. To not have her with me for a good chunk of the day feels like I'm missing a part of myself. I was able to hold it together on her first day, but will admit that I ugly cried the whole way home from dropping her off on her second day. The good news is that she is absolutely loving school! I just knew she would, and I know it is so good for her to be around lots of other little kids her age. Now mister Cole started back up to preschool last Wednesday. His starting up was a little bit easier for me since he has the same teacher this year, and he is only gone from 8:00am-10:30am. He is also right back in his groove and loving school. I am so fortunate that both Eve and Cole actually look forward to waking up in the mornings and heading to class. I can't wait to see how they grow and what they learn this year.

On another note, time for a baby update! I am now 24 weeks pregnant and it has been smooth sailing lately. I had an ultrasound a few days ago and was relieved to see that everything looks great. Baby girl's measurements are right on track and she is weighing in at around 1 lb 5 oz in there. I have my next appoinment in 3 weeks, and then I will start going in every 2 weeks for my checkups. It is flying by! Of course, that is fine by me! I can't wait to have this little one in my arms and begin our lives as a family of five.

No comments: