
Exactly 2 years ago....

Exactly one year ago...
Yesterday...
Two things immediately come to mind when I look back on these pictures. The first thing I thought of was why oh why I had to chop off all my hair that year...ugh! And the second thing I realized is just how quickly time goes by and your kids grow up. Eve is nearly 3 years old and Cole will be 1 next month. And yet I still remember as clear as a bell the first moment I held them in my arms. I remember bringing them home from the hospital and how they both would snooze away on our chests those first weeks. I remember staying up for hours each night trying to soothe them to sleep. Before I know it, they'll be going to school and won't need me the way they do now. It breaks my heart, because selfishly, I want them to be my little babies forever. I want to be able to shelter and protect them from any pain the world might throw at them. But I know that God gave me my sweet children to raise to be good, compassionate, God-loving people who will hopefully go out and make a difference in this world. All I can do is cherish these short-lived babyhood days lying before me and soak up every single second I get to spend being Eve and Cole's mama.

No comments:
Post a Comment