Saturday, May 14, 2011

Long time, no update!

I can't believe its already been a month and a half since I last updated. I swear time seems to be going by so fast lately! First off, we are at least a month into Cole's therapy. This is his current schedule:

Monday: 9-10 am Speech Therapy
Tuesday: 8:45-9:45 am Developmental Therapy
Wednesday: 9-10 am Occupational Therapy
Thursday: 9:30-10:30 am Speech Therapy
Friday-Sunday: Freedom!

Since starting, Cole has been adding a few words each week and we have also been working on some of his sensory issues and other basic skills, like taking turns and playing appropriately with toys. To be honest, Cole hates therapy! LOL! But I am learning new and different ways to approach teaching him things, which makes it all worth it. Cole is a smart cookie and VERY stubborn...most of his therapists agree that he is holding back on us and actually knows quite a bit more than he lets on. Like a few weeks ago, when he busted out counting 1-10 when I had never even tried to teach him that...watching Sesame Street every morning must be paying off...LOL! And Eve is doing great as well. We have been dealing with some jealousy issues since Cole gets so much one-on-one attention from his therapists, but that seems to be fading. She is so excited that we are opening our pool in a few weeks, and we can start swimming again! We have been doing a ton of work on our landscaping and cleaning up our patio that I can't wait to spend all of our free time out there this summer.

I also wanted to mention that today marks 7 years since I married my best friend! And what an amazing 7 years it has been! Through life's ups and downs, we have stuck side by side and only grown closer and more in love. I am so blessed to have married such a wonderful person and to have our two beautiful children. Life is good.

No comments: