Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Makeovers!

For some reason, this spring weather has brought back out some major motivation to get back on track with fixing up our house. I have a list about a mile long of stuff I want to accomplish by the end of summer! First up on my list was re-painting the kitchen and guest bathroom. Yes I realize I just painted them last year, but I needed something lighter and brighter. I'm also already thinking about when we sell the house in a few years. I've read all over the place that houses with neutral paint colors sell the most quickly. It is amazing what a huge difference a little can of paint can make. I'd still like to replace the light fixtures and flooring in both rooms, get a new shower curtain for the bathroom, and a new kitchen sink. But one thing at a time! So anyways, here are the before and afters! I'm including what the rooms originally looked like when we moved in, what they looked like after we fixed them up the first time, and what they look like now.


Kitchen

Original:

First After:

Now:



Guest Bathroom

Original:

First After:

Now:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

House looks awesome! 100% improvement since you first moved in!! And the green/blue tiles in the kitchen actually look kinda fitting now! Also, I expect a concert from Eve when I come back in June... and I also expect to continue to be baffled by what she and Cole (and Harrison for that matter) say- I can only understand kids age 4 and up. I'm screwed if I ever have kids.

katemartz said...

Thanks! I still detest the turquoise tile in the kitchen, but I can live with it until we get around to replacing it. And LOL about understanding the kids! At least you don't have to worry about Cole...he's still only got about 3 words he can say! Can't wait to see you!